With a holiday dedicated to eating copious amounts of food approaching, what better time to talk about serving copious amounts of food at your wedding? Seriously, no better time! A few years ago, this new trend emerged called a late night snack. The idea was if you served dinner at a reasonable time but the party continued until late in the night, guests were bound to be hungry again, especially when consuming large amounts of alcohol. Pretty spot on analysis of a reception to this pro. Well, over the years the idea faded a bit as we saw more intimate weddings that didn’t last till the wee hours of the morning.
But now, as we’re starting to see more and more non-traditional venue choices and destination (international and domestic) weddings, the party part of the evening is starting to end later and later making late night snacks popular once again. But that still doesn’t answer the question of why are people so obsessed with late night snacks. Well look no further, we’ve got the (many!) answers why right here!
- LNS (Late Night Snacks) allow for creativity // Think about your favorite cheat foods, pizza, burgers, chicken biscuits from Chick-fil-a, you get the idea. While these foods might not be your first choice for the main meal, they are perfect choices for your late night snack.
- LNS help guests sober up a bit // After dinner is over, you and your guests will hit the dance floor, celebratory cocktail in hand. And with each hour that passes, guests will drink more and more while consuming less food. A late night snack will put some food in your guests’ stomachs absorbing some of that alcohol.
- LNS keep guests at the party // If your guests are anything like me, after a couple drinks with no food, I’m frantically searching for whatever I can get my hands on. Serving up a late night snack will keep guests dancing until the wee hours of the morning instead of leaving to head to the nearest Whataburger.
- LNS add a fun surprise to the end of the night // True story. When a guest is about to gather his or her things to find the nearest bar with loaded cheese fries and all of a sudden a pizza man shows up with hot cheesy pizza, it’s the best part of the night (next to witnessing you get married of course!).
- LNS give you an opportunity to actually eat at your wedding // Before every wedding, I hear how my couple is going to eat. They are going to make it a point to sit down and enjoy their dinner. And (almost!) every time, they start visiting or guests approach the table and next thing you know, it’s time for toasts and you’re plate has been cleared without ever taking a bite. Serving up a late night snack is not only fun for your guests but a nice opportunity for you to eat a little something as well!
Tell us, would you do a late night snack at your wedding? If so, what would you serve?