- Protect It from Harsh Chemicals // Cleaning solutions and even shampoo, conditioner, and lotion can harm your stone and dull the metal. To keep your ring in tip top shape, remove it when using harsh chemicals like bleach or when you take a shower.
- Get Regular Cleanings // We suggest visiting your jeweler once a month or every other month for a regular cleaning. Not only will this keep it shining bright, but your jeweler will also inspect the setting every time you come in ensuring your stone stays safe and sound.
- Insure Your Ring // Listen, sometimes things happen. It’s important that you insure your ring in case it’s stolen, lost, or damaged.
- Be Careful When Swimming // Spending extended periods of time in water can cause your fingers to shrink a bit meaning your ring could fall off. Remove it before lounging in the pool or spending the day at the beach just to be safe.
- Don’t Have It Resized More Than Once // Whether your sweating for the wedding or stress eating, chances are your body will change a bit between the time you get engaged and the time you get married. Not to mention the fact that your fiancé may have not gotten your sizing exactly correct. Resizing your ring more than once can weaken the metal meaning that you might have to have the entire ring remade at some point. There are temporary sizing solutions available so talk to your jeweler before asking them to resize once again.
- Store It Properly // Diamonds are a notoriously hard stone so be sure to store your ring in it’s own box. This way you won’t risk damage to any of your jewels.
Now that we’ve told you how to properly care for your ring, it’s time to show it off. Share a picture of your ring below and tell us all about the special moment for a chance to be featured on our Instagram.