Truth: If you aren’t looking for wedding deals on Black Friday, you’re missing out. From decor to invitations to vendor specials, you can save big on your wedding this time of year, even if you’re recently engaged.
Because Black Friday coincides with engagement season, wedding specials – especially with vendors – run all season. This means, after you say “Yes!”, you have some time to tackle these five newly engaged tasks, work through your “I Said Yes! Now What?” guide and take advantage of the special pricing with your vendor dream team. Here’s how..
If you’re knee deep in wedding plans
If you’ve been planning for a while and have a good foundation for your wedding plans, you can score big. If you haven’t sourced these needs already, now’s a great time to secure the following.
- Stationery – Online retailers like Minted and Basic Invite will do special pricing in honor of Black Friday. But, they aren’t the only ones. Independent designers Heather O’Brien will also run deals. If you love the look of custom designed stationery, now’s a great time to save on the handmade look you love.
- Decor – If you’re shopping for items like unique vases, cake stands, hurricanes, votives and candles, I advise waiting until after Christmas. Shop the deals now at your favorite retailers and if the price fits within your budget then go for it. However, if you like the look of gilded items or faux greenery garlands, wait till after the holidays when you can score these items for up to 70% off. You do run the risk of items being sold out so always have a back up plan if going this route.
- Attire – While it can be hard to score a Black Friday deal on wedding gowns, now’s a great time to purchase undergarments, shoes, accessories and outfits for your other wedding related event. Also, if you’re looking for an alternative to traditional bridesmaid dress retailers, you can save big on formal wear from your favorite department store.
- Vendors – If you’ve had your eye on a few vendors or even if you’re just starting to look, this is the area where you can save the most. I still strongly advise going through the process of researching, meeting with and only hiring vendors that are the best fit for you. However, be sure to follow all the ones you love across all their social media channels and sign up for their email list. They will usually announce specials on one or all of their channels. Everyone from wedding planners to photographers to bakers will run specials so keep an eye out.
- Gifts – This is the time of year to secure your wedding party and parent gifts. All of your favorite retailers will be running specials on the items you’ve been eyeing. Grab them now and keep on hand until the big day.
If you’re newly engaged
Just because you got engaged a few days ago, doesn’t mean you can’t take advantage of holiday season pricing. I never advise rushing into planning decisions just to get a good deal, but here’s how you can save even if you’re newly engaged.
- Guides and Templates – If you’re just jumping into planning, focus your attention on the items you’ll need to plan your wedding. Now through January 6th, you’ll get a free planning consultation (a $100 value) with the purchase of our “I Said Yes! Now What?” guide. Not only will you tackle some of your planning tasks but you’ll also get the guidance you need early to take advantage of some of these other deals before they’re gone.
- Vendors – While you might not be able to book all your vendors on special pricing before their deals end, you could score deals on wedding planners, venues or engagement sessions. At The I Do List, we’re giving you 10% off the package of your choice (15% off if you sign up for our email list!) so if you want to plan with less stress, now’s the time to book!
- Gifts – If you plan on assembling a cute box to pop the question to your wedding party, you can score big savings on all the items you need.